HOLT Community Competition - Rules
1. The HOLT Community Competition (or HCC) is a regular finance competition specifically designed for HOLT Community members to improve their skills and receive other opportunities to showcase their talent to the Academic Review Board (ARB), Credit Suisse HOLT and their affiliates. The HOLT Community Competition is primarily designed for Community members who have already taken the HOLT Valuation Challenge. The HOLT Community Competition does not replace the HOLT Valuation Challenge and we would recommend all participants to first take the HOLT Valuation Challenge.
2. The purpose of the HOLT Community Competition is to recognize outstanding essay and video contributions from individual HOLT Community members.
3. All competition participants are required to follow the registration and the submission process on this website. For questions regarding submission style and process requirements please see the "How to submit your work" page.
4. The Terms and Conditions as linked to on this Project Firefly Internet page, shall in its current form also apply to this competition. By registering and each time when making submissions, the competition participant accepts these Terms & Conditions and undertakes to adhere to the rules and regulations stipulated therein.
HOLT Lens™ License
5. Students who have earned HOLT Lens™ during their studies can request the Premium license by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Premium license will be granted for the duration of their studies.
6. Recent graduates who have earned the HOLT Lens™ Student License previously, can apply for the HOLT Lens™ License for the duration of this competition by sending a request to email@example.com. When applying for this license participants are aware that this license will be revoked after the deadline for submissions.
7. The intellectual property and other rights of users granted a limited student license to access HOLT Lens™ will be further governed by the Credit Suisse HOLT User Agreement.
8. The access and use of HOLT Lens™ in the competition is not compulsory, but if you have access to the tool, we recommend you use it.
9. The decision on provision of the HOLT Lens™ Student License is at the sole discretion of Project Firefly and the Credit Suisse HOLT Team. This decision is final and binding with no point of recourse.
10. The deadline for submissions is Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 23:59 in the last time zone (UTC-12).
11. All submissions should be made in English.
12. Each participant can submit a maximum of either one essay OR one video for the competition.
13. Essays should not be less than 800 or more than 1'000 words (excluding bibliography, endnotes, etc.).
14. Videos should not last longer than 3:30 minutes.
15. All diagrams and figures included should be original or otherwise properly cited.
15a. For essays – when required, please use endnotes and bibliography. Paste them into the ‘References’ box on the 'Submit your work' page.
15b. For videos – please provide citations, references and bibliography in the “Description” section of the YouTube video.
16. The Bibliography style is open, where referencing internet sources please provide a link if available.
17. The Academic Review Board will decide if a submission is worthy of publication.
18. None of the submissions will be published on the Project Firefly website until after the competition has closed.
Participants and Prizes
19. To be considered for a prize, job interview or student license the competition participant must be a current member of the HOLT Community (HOLT Member, Partner or Champion).
20. It is at the sole discretion of Credit Suisse HOLT and their affiliates to decide if they wish to interview a participant for an internship, co-op or full-time position. The decisions made by Credit Suisse HOLT and their affiliates are final and binding.
21. Previous winners of Credit Suisse HOLT sponsored competitions (incl. HOLT Valuation Challenge) are eligible to compete, win a prize or earn a chance to an interview with Credit Suisse HOLT or their affiliates.
22. The HOLT Community Competition winner will be notified via email and announced on the respective Project Firefly site. Her or his submission will be published on the site if deemed suitable by the ARB and Project Firefly.
23. Registrations for the CFA Exam will be completed within 6 months of the winner announcement, only early registration fees will be considered.
24. Submissions are evaluated for publication by the Academic Review Board. Only those submissions that pass the associated quality controls through the ARB will be eligible for participation in the Competition.
25. Competition participants must fully reference all sources used; whether submissions with high levels of referenced information contain enough value to be considered admissible for the competition will be at the discretion of the Academic Review Board. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
26. Finalists will be selected by the Academic Review Board from the eligible submissions. Once the Academic Review Board has identified the final pool of winning submissions a video or telephone interview may be arranged with the possible winners to verify any pertinent facts and discuss the submission further.
27. The Academic Review Board will decide the winner of the competition and its decision will be final. Each participant will be informed of the result by email. General competition details can be found on the Project Firefly website, there will be no further communication regarding the final selection process. There is no right of recourse by any competition participant against the Academic Review Board, Project Firefly and Credit Suisse HOLT and/or its affiliates in respect of any decision jointly or individually made by them in relation to any of the rules detailed on this page.
28. Credit Suisse Group AG and/or its affiliates will have co-publishing rights for all contributions submitted to Project Firefly for the HOLT Community Competition. Ownership of the essays, videos, ideas, innovations, etc. shall remain the property of the inventing party. The Competition participant grants Project Firefly as well as Credit Suisse Group AG and/or its affiliates non-exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide and royalty-free right to publish submissions including the right to publish the same, in whole or in part, on the Project Firefly Website, in internal company magazines or newsletters without any consideration, payment or compensation. Please also note section 4 of the Terms & Conditions.
29. As part of the competition Credit Suisse Group AG and/or its affiliates will be able to receive and select data from the participant registration data and regarding the submissions received (including the selection and evaluation process). This may also mean that a Credit Suisse company will contact competition participants directly. Competition participant’s data will be used solely for the purpose of career development activities and potential recruiting activities and marketing activities of Credit Suisse HOLT. Non-personal data collected in connection with your use of HOLT LensTM will be governed by the Credit Suisse HOLT User Agreement and may be used for other purposes consistent with that agreement. For more information on your data please see the data protection section of the Terms and Conditions of this website.