What is the Zurich Enterprise Challenge?
1PhaseCrack the CaseBy solving a generic case study your team will be introduced to the Zurich Risk Room tool, learn how to use it and improve your understanding of risk analysis and management.
2PhasePartner ProjectsYour team will be invited to collaborate with a selected Zurich multinational customer to solve a real corporate case. Your team will have to manage the relationship with the customer and provide a solution to the corporate challenge.
3PhaseThe SummitYour team will have the opportunity to pitch your project and present your solutions to the business executives attending the Zurich Global Risk Management Summit in Berlin, Germany and earn their vote.
Why should I take part in the Zurich Enterprise Challenge?
- ●You will get the chance to solve real-world corporate challenges.
- ●You will have the opportunity to work with Zurich and one of their prestigious multinational customers. Companies, such as Syngenta, Kimberly-Clark, Lendlease, Philips, Kuehne + Nagel, Coca-Cola HBC, Nestlé, Mars, CBRE and other Fortune 500 companies have participated in the Challenge so far.
- ●You will have access to an award-winning country risk assessment tool, the Zurich Risk Room, to support your risk analysis.
- ●You could have your pitch evaluated by the renowned members of Project Firefly's Academic Review Board, Zurich experts and leading corporate professionals.
- ●You could be invited to attend and present at the Zurich Global Risk Management Summit in Berlin, Germany.
- ●Your team could win a cash prize worth CHF 5’000.
- ●You could be invited for an interview with Zurich for a position.
Who should participate in the Zurich Enterprise Challenge?
How do I register for the Zurich Enterprise Challenge?
●Create your personal Project Firefly profile here. All team members are required to create a Project Firefly profile.
●Select your team members (3-4) and assign a team captain. The duties of the team captain will be to manage the communication with Project Firefly and submit your presentation. The team captain is required to register the team by filling out the message here.
Should you encounter technical difficulties with the link, please send your team registration to firstname.lastname@example.org including a list of all team members and university names indicating who the team captain is and your team name.
●The deadline for registrations is April 22, 2018. However, we encourage you to register as early as possible in order to receive any additional materials for Phase 1 as soon as possible.
How long will the Zurich Enterprise Challenge take?
Your team has eight weeks from the announcement of the topic on Monday, February 26 to Sunday, April 22, 2018 to submit your solution to the case.
Your team will have 5 weeks to complete Phase 2, at a time to be agreed during the period of May 28 to July 29, 2018 depending on the availability of the Zurich customer’s representatives.
If you qualify to attend the three-day Global Risk Management Summit in Berlin, Germany from 25 to 27 September 2018, you should also account for sufficient time to travel to and from the conference. Prior to the conference you will work together with the Zurich team to further refine your presentation.
What should our team deliver in each Phase?
What else should I know about Phase 1 of the Challenge?
- ●You will have to create a voice-over PowerPoint presentation.
- ●As the case study is generic and the involved company is fictional, you will be provided with the company's description and additional figures that could help you.
- ●The Zurich team has created a demo version of the Zurich Risk Room tool for you to deal with the specific case.
- ●An email with Phase 1 results will be sent to the team captain by May 14. Please make sure to add the email email@example.com to your contacts, so that the email doesn’t end up in the spam box.
What else should I know about Phase 2 of the Challenge?
- ●The 20 best teams from Phase 1 will be invited to Phase 2 in order to work with one of Zurich’s multinational customers on solving a customer-specific case study.
- ●Your team will get full access to the Zurich Risk Room tool, used by risk management specialists around the world, in order to solve your case study.
Timing and matching of student teams and Zurich customers
Phase 2 competition tools and materials
- ●At the start of your 5-week period you will be given the case study from your partner company and access to the full Zurich Risk Room tool and support materials.
- ●Depending on the case provided by each Zurich customer, there may be additional material.
- ●Zurich customers reserve the right to ask teams to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Communication with Zurich customers
The Zurich team will oversee all communications between teams and Zurich customers.
Teams will interact with their assigned Zurich customer via scheduled conference calls and email correspondence (to be agreed with Zurich), no travelling or other expenses by the students will be required.
Phase 2 Results
Phase 2 results will be communicated by the Project Firefly team by August 27 at the latest.